Life’s Blah (Chapter Deux)

Sunday, May 27, 2012


Out of the need for a much needed break from being cooped up in my workspace with writing tasks and whatnots, I instantaneously felt the impulse to re-read my old blog entries. I formally started blogging in 2004 at the tender age of 19. I was navigating my way through college for two years already when Life’s Blah, my first blog, came into inception. Its first half was mainly about my college frustrations i.e., flanking Accounting and Calculus, frequent absences, dealing with inconsiderate professors and introversion just to name a few. Blogging at that time was inexplicably therapeutic to my convoluted self and left me feeling self-assured and somehow gratified... or so I thought.

Going over these blog entries with such emotional resonance gave me a bird’s eye view of my life as a young adult and how unmitigated drama queen I was. A time when I was in my most cynical and overrated self, exquisitely irked in my entire life and that my wretched teenage angst was nothing more than a light wind to the cyclone that churns in my innermost self. Such an awful place to be at, in all honesty, making life overly complicated than it already is, was absolutely foolish. I didn’t love everything I’ve read from those old blog entries, to be honest, but the insights I’ve gained in rediscovering myself are invaluable. It’s almost like Dumbledore’s pensieve where it takes you back to your younger, wretched self, providing you a space for a present day reflection and finally gets a better understanding of your life. At least that’s what it did to me and though re-reading it benefited me in so many extraordinary ways, I don’t think I’d like to share those frivolous blog posts to anyone anymore, especially when I’d rather put emphasis on things that are noble and sensible.

Hence, I came to a decision to finally close down Life's Blah, my old little niche on the web that housed my thoughts for eight amazing years and start afresh here. I believe in discretion and in spite of the extensive freedom that we have in expressing ourselves through social media and other internet platforms, I also believe in befitting and responsible blogging. Thus, I welcome you to Life's Blah, Chapter Deux: Anie Writes Stuff, where I would take on the blogosphere as a cautious adult (err, to the best of my ability) in hope to inspire, exercise my love for self-expression, share my so-called adventures in the field called Life and hopefully leave something of significance along the way. And in the same manner, I would also like to look back and re-read whatever written entries I'd fill on this digital space by the time I turn ninety and trust I would no longer feel mortified because of my former foolishness. Here's hoping!

You Might Also Like

0 comments