Welcome, 2013!

Tuesday, January 01, 2013


Anieeee!” my sisters called from outside and bellowed something I hardly picked out. 

Grabbing my full-zip pink hooded sweater from my bedroom, I shrieked “Waiiiit!” 

In my hand was my happy pink Avon lipstick and swiftly, I slapped some life on my seemingly dead lips. 

It’s been an hour and a half past midnight and our New Year’s Eve dinner table has already been tidied up. Our eldest sister, bro-in-law & two nephews went home already, Mama and Papa have gone to bed and Mac called it a night as soon as we, girls, started cleaning up. 

Outside, I dashed to my sisters where a laptop is propped open on a red square table. 

Let’s do this!” I enthusiastically said as I zipped my hooded sweater up. 

With the Photo Booth app, we started snapping photos of ourselves like silly high school girls and few choreographed poses later, we all agreed that the photo below is decent enough to be uploaded online… at least that’s what we'd like to think.



At the crack of dawn, I crawled in to bed with a heart filled with gratefulness. Yes, 2012 brought in tears, grief and disappointments for me and at the same time happiness, contentment and strength I never realize I had. It was the year I lost a dearly loved grandma and welcomed a darling niece, made new friends, kept the best ones and fell out with some. It was the year I learned to clearly see the possibility of joy even on the worst times, to trust and hope and keep believing that all things will work together.Through it all, God’s grace remained and His unfailing love made it possible for me to finish 2012 with an intact faith, a sound mind, a strengthened spirit and an assured heart. 

This 2013, I only have but one plan/resolution, that is to stop trying to achieve and begin to receive the FAVOR, BLESSINGS and EVERYTHING that Jesus had accomplished on the cross two thousand years ago for my behalf. Just as Job 8:7 says, my latter will always be greater. 

Here’s to 2013 and to the GREATER THINGS ahead!

You Might Also Like

0 comments