Throwback Thursday: Me To Ube Bar

Thursday, June 27, 2013



In my attempt to prove my romantic sensibility to my friend, Sab, I wrote a sappy poem some 2 years ago about an Ube bar. Ube bar, in actuality, is a purple yam bread cut into bars, sold for Php3.00 each to any bakery in the Philippines. So basically, this is the inner fat kid in me, pulling off an Elizabeth Barrett Browning... or something like that.

I love you like I love the sun that shines in the morning
Like the wind that blows on a lazy afternoon
Or the rain that falls at night 

I love you in the summer heat
I love you still in the monsoon chills
I love you when I’m awake
And all’s the same when I’m asleep 

I’ll sing it in a song
Convey it in a poem
Scribble it in a note
Just to let you know

I love you when the skies are blue
Even if it turns gray, you know it’s true
Spoken words, printed letters
The whole point is, I love you


You Might Also Like

0 comments