Name Day Reflections

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Happy name day to me.” I softly told myself as I glared on my iPod screen that reads: 12:00, Saturday, April 20

A silent sigh followed while I sat comfortably on a folding foam bed watching ‘You’ve Got Mail’ with two of my closest girl friends on a very random sleepover. Ate Tin and Sab greeted me in a jiffy as soon as the clock struck twelve and a hefty sweet and kind birthday messages on my Facebook timeline and inbox ensued. 

Twenty-eight years and for once, I feel every bit of my age. For the lack of fine overstated expression, I can’t believe I've become this old. Perhaps it’s because four years had already gone by since I started teaching and the kids I taught back then have already left the cozy nest of preschool for the methodical environment of elementary school. Or it may be because earlier this year, I started to have one or more bouts of low back pain that I presume was caused by the sedentary lifestyle I actually lead. Or it’s all probably just in my head. Regardless, I can still wholly tell you, with a broad smile and dark brown eyes lighting up, that getting older has never been this exciting! No kidding, hook, line and sinker!

As I ruminate on the previous year, I can’t help but start by observing how faithful God has been. 2012 was THE MOST challenging, if not exhilarating roller coaster of a year for me as yet. In the midst of it, I’ve flirted with the idea of throwing in the towel for a moment or two but grace finds me every time. In retrospect, an abundance of growth has come out of it. The ‘good times’ were amazing and I'm grateful that the ‘bad times’ were bearable. Emerging from a very negative head space to coming full circle in every aspect of my life, feeling content and incredibly joyful is something that only God could provide. This made me value and enjoy my journey towards adulthood more, including the countless detours along the way.

As I look at things on the other side of twenty-five, my desire to live a life that impacts, encourages and inspires intensify now more than ever. Consequently, I've etched a timeline of my future on my mind to keep things in perspective. I'd like to to think I'm savvy like that, haha! This year, I've set new goals to pursue and hopefully accomplish and the greater they are, I know the obstacles in the way would equally increase, but the 28-year solid wall that surrounds me is amazingly confident and reliant on God for the most part.

So here’s to the wonderful things to come, new memories to make, new goals to accomplish, new role to be in charge of, new moments to share and for every profound little things I’ll do every day that will wire me to be the adult that God intended me to be - great!

LIFE, BRING IT!

You Might Also Like

0 comments