Dear Students I Have Taught Last School Year: An Open Letter

Saturday, May 07, 2016



Dear students I have taught last school year,

It’s hard to believe that school year 2015-2016 flown by all too quickly and has truly come to an end. Here I am currently occupied with planning for another school year and in between evaluating textbooks and teaching demos scheduled in the past weeks got me thinking about all of you.

Teaching you guys has been a rich experience for me. I revel in seeing you grow, both as learners and individuals. And while I may not be your favorite teacher, or the best there is this side of HFLC, I hope {pray really}, that you learn something from all the lessons and advice I have tried so hard to share with you over our ten months together. Know that the seemingly high expectations I have from you is more than just a standard but a process, if you may, that allowed me to stir up that creative magic in you. I never wanted to quantify you in a number but the system thinks it’s important to. I know its unlike anything you’ve ever encounter but I saw first hand the personal growth you guys made while under these academic pressures and that tells me more about your potentials than any quizzes, tests and examinations ever could. You’ve tackled this school year with perseverance and when the going gets tough, you guys continued trying your ding dang best. I can't be any more proud of you than I am today.

To all of you who will be returning to HFLC for another year of learning and exploration, I can’t wait to see you in my class! My excitement for school year 2016-2017 surpasses whatever thrill a new episode of Game of Thrones can ever offer me. I can’t wait to welcome you not just with plain excitement but also with a promise to learn as much as I can about you so we can create the most feasible use of the learning time we will have. I will commit myself in running those extra miles for you yet again and will light my flame from yours, assuring to hand it back to you when you need it most. I will be that teacher and MORE. *pinky swear*

And to those of you moving to bigger schools, it will take a lot of getting use to walking around the hallways and teaching my class without seeing your rowdy but beautiful faces. No longer will you regularly have my seemingly iron-fisted, no-nonsense voice for unsolicited guidance, keeping you on track, Miss Anie’ style! What a relief that is to some of you, I know, but should you ever need a good jolt to help you get back to your senses, know that I’ll certainly be available to you whenever I can be. I trust you will utilize the skills you’ve honed during your stay at HFLC and require of yourself the discipline all your teachers here have required of you. It’s been one heck of a ride fighting like hell for all of you and may you also find it in you to fight like hell for yourself as well. I shall miss you all dearly for sure!

Lastly, I want to thank all of you for your smiles, for your zeal and character. Thank you for allowing me to see your hearts, your minds and your regard for everything that surrounds you. I have gained new set of eyes because of this and I will strive to wield this vision in mentoring those who will step into my classroom. As you continue your quest as learners in the academia, bear in mind that I will always fiercely have faith in your potential for greatness. I want to pat you at the back for being who you are. Now, bestow the world with something significant by showing us who you will become.

All my affection,

Miss Anie

You Might Also Like

0 comments